Steps on how to get a Driver’s License
Need a student permit or a driver’s license? Here are the requirements and steps on how to get one:
Who are allowed to drive?
1. Every 16 years old above is allowed to drive (applicants below 18 years old need a parent’s or guardian’s written consent with a photocopy of ID, if the guardian or parent is not present, the written consent must be notarized)
2. Must be physically and mentally fit to operate a vehicle
3. Able to read in Filipino and English
What are the requirements?
1. Original and photocopy of birth certificate
2. If employed, must provide Taxpayer’s Identification Number (TIN)
3. An accomplished copy of driver’s license application form
4. If birth certificate is unavailable any of these can do:
*Joint affidavit of two disinterested persons who know the applicant who can attest her/his age and identity accompanied by non-availability of record from NSO or local civil registry office
*Any legal document to prove the age and identity of the applicant (e.g. Passport, GSIS, SSS, or any government issued ID)
What are the steps on how to get the permit?
1. Go to the customer counter to get your checklist of requirements and secure a driver’s license application form
2. When your number is called, go to the evaluator counter and submit all the required documents to have it checked for completeness and authenticity.
3. When your name is called, go to where your photo and signature will be taken.
4. Go to the cashier to pay the fees and to get the official receipt (OR).
5. Proceed to the releasing counter, present the OR to claim the permit.
Where to apply for a permit?
Any licensing center district office with new driver’s license transactions
Fees and charges
Student Permit (SP) Fee P150.00
Application Fee P100.00
Computer Fee P67.63